by Rene Gedaly
Congratulations to Trevor Arnold, Doug McCormick, and Tim Lewis, certified telescope operators of the observatory C14 and f/5 telescopes. You, too, can be a certified telescope operator like these astronomy wizards. Contact Chris Ober, Observatory Director, to get added to the training list.
Prerequisite Requirements for Students:
- Must be at least 16 years of age or older.
- Must be a Society member in good standing with all dues paid.
- Must have full knowledge of all general site rules and have completed the general site orientation.
- Must have been a Society member for at least 6 months.
- Will be required to execute an observatory building use agreement which is a contract of limited liability covering all rules, regulations, and requirements governing the use of observatory building facilities. Members under 18 years of age must have a parent or guardian execute the agreement on behalf of a minor user that is 16, or 17 years of age.